Click on on the tabs below to access a list of links to project pages with more information about each initiative, keeping the community informed about the developments.
Initiatives Shaping Shelton
Learn more about the collection of projects, initiatives, plans, and studies each with a unique role in shaping the future of Shelton!
- VMT Reduction Strategy
- Tree Canopy Assessment
- Transportation Guide to the Greater Naugatuck Valley Region
- Statutory Land Use Referrals
- Route 8 Design/Build
- Route 8 & Waterbury Branch Line Corridor/Alternative Modes Study
- Regional Plan of Conservation and Development
- Regional Open Space Inventory
- Regional Hazard Mitigation Plan Update
- Regional Flood Resilience
- MTP 2050
- Derby-Shelton Bridge Pedestrian and Bicyclist Enhancements
- Climate Pollution Reduction Grants (CPRG)
- Bus Shelter Replacement Project
- Active Transportation Plan
Local Transportation Improvements
Stay updated on the latest transportation improvements through the Local Transportation Capital Improvement Program (LOTCIP) and Transportation Improvement Program (TIP).
Community Involvement in Local Projects
Take a look at current projects with the interactive project tracker which features an an in-depth look at the ongoing projects. Also, community members can actively participate by providing input, ensuring their voice is heard in the development of these crucial projects.