The Regional Planning Commission (RPC) is an advisory sub-committee of the Naugatuck Valley Council of Governments (NVCOG) which considers regional development and conservation issues on behalf of the Council. In concert with NVCOG staff, the RPC works to:
- Promote inter-municipal and regional cooperation
- Review and analyze regional studies and plans
- Report on Statutory Land Use Referrals
- Prepare the Regional Plan of Conservation and Development
- Make recommendations regarding the Metropolitan Transportation Plan and other plans as needed
Each of the nineteen (19) NVCOG member communities has one vote on the committee and appoints one representative and one alternate to serve on the RPC. More information about the RPC may be found in the NVCOG Bylaws and RPC Operating Procedures
Meetings of the RPC are open to the public and take place on the first Tuesday of the month, every other month. Please see the Calendar for the latest meeting time and agenda.
Peter Hughes (Alternate)
Ray Jurzynski, Jr.
Jim Baldwin (RPC Chairperson)
Gary Giordano (RPC Vice-Chairperson)
Lori Rotella (RPC At-Large Representative)
Angelo Mastrofrancesco (Alternate)
Andrew Chapman (Alternate)
Margus Laan (RPC At-Large Representative)