Eversource offers many programs to help you stay warm this winter. One important program is the Matching Payment Program, which allows customers to receive gas or electric heat at affordable rates. This program matches whatever you pay towards your energy bill. To find out more about this program please call 2-1-1 or visit your local community action agency.
Always be wary for scams, if it sounds suspicious hang-up. The energy company wants to remind its customers:
- Eversource representatives never demand instant payment in person or over the phone.
- Eversource representatives do not require the use of prepaid debit cards (such as Green Dot MoneyPak, Vanilla or Reloadit.)
- Eversource representatives never request customers to meet at a payment center, such as a department or grocery store, to make a payment.
- Eversource does not solicit door-to-door or on the phone on behalf of third-party energy suppliers.
- All Eversource employees carry photo identification; field workers wear company logoed clothing and drive company vehicles.
Eversource urges anyone who believes they are a target of improper solicitation to please alert local law enforcement and contact the company directly at 1-800-286-2000. The energy company tracks these types of customer concerns and reports them to state regulators.