Question 1: Will the contract be funded in part by the Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (CTDEEP) and subject to requirements in the Regulations of Connecticut State Agencies (RCSA) Section 22a-482-4(h), (i), and (o)? If not, will there be any other Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) or Woman Business Enterprise (WBE) participation goals or requirements for the O’Sullivan Island Recreation Park engineering and design services?
Answer: The grant was awarded by a federal entity. Applicable requirements for Minority Business participation are the following, found here. The requirements do not specify a specific participation goal, instead a process for ensuring an equitable solicitation for contractors and subcontractors:
§200.321 Contracting with small and minority businesses, women’s business enterprises, and labor surplus area firms –
(a) The non-Federal entity must take all necessary affirmative steps to assure that minority businesses, women’s business enterprises, and labor surplus area firms are used when possible. (b) Affirmative steps must include:
(1) Placing qualified small and minority businesses and women’s business enterprises on solicitation lists;
(2) Assuring that small and minority businesses, and women’s business enterprises are solicited whenever they are potential sources;
(3) Dividing total requirements, when economically feasible, into smaller tasks or quantities to permit maximum participation by small and minority businesses, and women’s business enterprises;
(4) Establishing delivery schedules, where the requirement permits, which encourage participation by small and minority businesses, and women’s business enterprises;
(5) Using the services and assistance, as appropriate, of such organizations as the Small Business Administration and the Minority Business Development Agency of the Department of Commerce; and
(6) Requiring the prime contractor, if subcontracts are to be let, to take the affirmative steps listed in paragraphs (1) through (5) of this section.
Is there a topographic survey available for the site? Is there a recent environmental report or remedial action plan available?
NVCOG does not have a topographic survey available for the site at this time. There is a recent remedial action plan available upon request.