Sustainable CT, a partnership of municipal leaders, philanthropic foundations, the Institute for Sustainable Energy, and other stakeholders, is soliciting input for residents’ vision for sustainable towns and cities in our state. The organization invites you to attend one or more regional forums in January 2017.
Please REGISTER for one or more of the following forums:
• Tuesday, January 10th, 1:00 – 2:30 p.m., Brookfield Town Hall (Room 133)
• Thursday, January 19th, 11:00 – 12:30 p.m., Middlesex Community College (Multipurpose rooms 808C and D), Middletown
• Thursday, January 19th, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m., West Hartford Town Hall (Room 400)
• Wednesday, January 25th, 2:30 – 4:00 p.m., Three Rivers Community College (F-Wing, Multipurpose room), Norwich
• Friday, January 27th, 9:00 – 10:30 a.m., Seymour Town Hall
Forums are free, open to all, and organized by the Institute for Sustainable Energy at Eastern Connecticut State University, in partnership with Connecticut’s nine councils of governments. Sustainable CT will be a robust certification program that includes: (1) A road map for towns and cities with a menu of voluntary actions intended to make communities healthier, safe, resilient, efficient, and livable; (2) A flexible design that meets the needs of all municipalities (urban, rural, large, small); (3) Resources and support, including funding, to help municipalities implement actions; and (4) Public recognition for municipal sustainability achievements.
You can learn more at www.sustainablect.org.